Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Birthday Party Plan...

Well it's that time of year again.... My twin girls will be turning 6 this week and they're having a party with their school friends on the weekend.  It's pretty exciting as it's their first "real" birthday party.  What I mean is, other years it's either just been family or basically our own friends with kids their age.  But this is the first party with their "own" friends.

So, here's what the plan is so far..... the theme is a High Tea (in pink and red) and the invitations have been handed out...


As each child arrives, my Mum is going to do a bit of face painting... a cupcake on their cheek


Then we'll play a game or two... I haven't decided what yet but maybe musical statues, pass the parcel, pin the cherry on the cupcake... (any other suggestions would be great)

Next for the high tea, I'm going to set up a long table with a pink table cloth, red napkins and plates and red scatter hearts...


with red and pink Tissue Paper Pom Poms hanging over the table...


They're going to eat Sushi-style sandwiches...




Mini Cupcakes with little love heart toppers...




and the cake (at this stage anyway) is going to be a tea pot cake...


Lastly, for the party bags I've bought some Red and Pink Paper Party Bags...


I've got the Party Bag tags...


and I haven't decided exactly what to put inside yet but here's a few of my ideas...

Momiji Stickers (from Kawaii for You of course)...


a few lollies...


a cookie on a stick - love heart...


a glitter gel pen...


and a ring...



So, that's the plan.  Now we just need to see if I can pull it off!!

WARNING:  I'm doing all of this myself so don't expect the finished product to look quite as beautiful as the images above.... he he he

3 comments:

  1. I know it could be a bit messy but scene as how there is a cupcake theme - why dont you have a cupcake decorating table. Each kid can have a cupcake to ice and decorate as they wish. I wouldn't use your lovely Paper Eskimo wrappers but just some pink or red ones from the supermarket.
    I am loving the cake too cute, - are you making that as well?
    I was thinking about getting some of those Pom Poms for Chloe's b'day. They are adorable
    Good Luck with everything! The beauty is 6 years with think that everything looks amazing - the biggest critic will be YOU!
    But you are one talented lady so not doubt it will be FANTASTIC.
    Happy Birthday girls have a great day :)
    Love Ange x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made a few of those pom poms and they look FANTASTIC they make a real statement and i am not taking them down ever! tea parties are so much fun. pass the tea pot instead of pass the parcel. pop fantails and lollipops and other wrapped lollies in a tea pot and pass it instead of a parcel. when the music stops they get to pick out of the pot.
    have fun.
    xxxxrosey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds completely adorable. You've put so much thought into it, hope you have time to enjoy the girls delight :)

    ReplyDelete